Sunday, June 2, 2013

A day in Enkhuizen - The Netherlands







Today we headed off early this morning for Enkhuizen to go to the Zuiderzee museum. I wasn't quite sure what to expect but I had an awesome tour guide who I knew I could trust. I was quite surprised at how amazing and how quaint this little seaside town was. It was fascinating and so much fun, and I got a sunburn today which I'm excited about and thankfully does not hurt. So a little bit about this village it is basically a fishing village and when we first walked in there was an area for fresh caught fish. now this is really cool, however, we went early in the morning and there were a lot of fish flies around which cleared up around noon. We learned a lot of history and where each of the buildings in this museum came from and how they were transported we learned stories about fishers lost at sea for almost two weeks and then made it home to die 2 weeks later. We learned about sailboats and masts and ships. There were so many old ships and so many neat artifacts in these museums that showed how life was in the 1900's. no I couldn't understand a lot of the Dutch speaking but having jelly there was so helpful and so insightful to use the lives of the people that live here. This is really a great place to take anyone, students children even the group trips, and today was a special day we got to see a drum band play, that was really neat. the day away ended with a boat ride and we also had fresh made stroop waffel and headed back in for some Big Bang Theory. We made it through the entire second season. we were able to see so much in the short time that I was in Amsterdam and I am sad that my time here is ending and I am sad that I have to say goodbye to Jelly I am excited to see Steven on Tuesday and head off to the UK.
 Peace from Amsterdam
-Brittney

No comments:

Post a Comment